*69 Poker League

The *69 Poker League is an Austin, TX area poker league in its *EIGHTH* season. It's kinda like a bowling league... only a lot less shitty... and with cheaper beer.

Monday, October 02, 2006

And the winner is...

Season 4 has officially wrapped up. Here are the final results:

Player of the Season: Rob with 1597 Points ($75)

CIT #4 Results:
1) Aaron ($110)
2) Claire ($65)
3) Clay ($45)
4) Max ($25)
5) Judy
6) Hueby
7) Rob
8) Dean

The big story at the CIT #4 was about 15 minutes into the first round...

Check it out:
- Aaron's on the Button
- Max pays the Small Blind ($10)
- Rob pays the Big Blind ($25)
- Judy Folds
- Clay Folds
- Claire calls the Big Blind ($25)
- Hueby folds
- Dean raises to ($100)
- Aaron folds
- Rob calls ($75)
- Claire calls ($75)
- POT = $300
- FLOP: 7c 4d 7d
- Rob Checks
- Claire Checks
- Dean bets ($300)
- Rob raises ($800)
- Claire calls ($800)
- Dean pushes all-in (~$1500)
- Rob pushes all-in (~$1600)
- Claire calls all-in (~1700)
- Dean turns over Ad As (Pair of Aces: AA747)
- Rob turns over 4s 4c (Full House: 44477)
- Claire turns over 7s 7h (Quads: 77774)
- Dean and Rob are shocked and awed. :(


Since I had lost a small pot at the start of the game, and Claire had won enough chips to barely overtake the chip lead, I lost all my chips just like that. Two of the best players gone in a flash. What a crock...

Well, on the bright side, Season 5's on its way! It starts tomorrow! I'll post a bit more about Season 5 later today.

Full Results here: Season 4 Final Results

9 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two seasons in a row...and a suck-out free win. I called it like the babe, I knew who I was taking out, and in what order...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Katsu said...

Well, I've been Player of the Season for Season's 1 and 4. :) So I've won half of all the Season long stats wars. Consistency. ;)

I'm also far and away the unluckiest guy in the league. Hence my awesome exit out of this past CIT. In fact, I think I've had the misfortune of busting out first in all four CITs. Consistency! (Well, this last time I busted at the same time as Dean, but still.) There's not a person in the league that wouldn't have busted out sitting in my seat holding that flopped full house.

Some offense to the rest of the players, but Dean and I were probably the best two players on the table. :( I'm sure everyone breathed a sigh of relief once we were busted.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great players don't slow play aces then go all-in after the board pairs and two players raise and re-raise. There is NO way that you could have gotten away from the flopped full-house, however.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great players don't slow play aces then go all-in after the board pairs and two players raise and re-raise. There is NO way that you could have gotten away from the flopped full-house, however.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Katsu said...

Well, you have part of sequence wrong. Claire never re-raised. It's an important detail. Here's why.

I think if Claire had gone all-in, Dean *might* have been able to get out of the hand holding AA with a paired board and someone raising him and then someone (Claire) re-raising all-in. He'd have to think about it, and, yes, he might have still called, but still, he would at least have *thought* about letting AA go.

Since I raised and Claire merely called, it's a lot harder to let go of AA. Not impossible, but damn hard. Me raising could have meant I had KK, QQ or another over pair. Or I could just be betting aggressively with AK or AQ (something I'm known to do).

With Claire merely calling behind me, he can easily put her also on an overpair she's not completely comfortable with (TT, QQ) but more likely a flush draw with some high cards or even suited connectors like 5d 6d.

In any case, Dean's all-in move wasn't too bad. Claire played it smart to just smooth call my raise. I'm not so sure most people wouldn't have gone all-in when Dean did.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand corrected. Still...slow playing aces....

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean you rock my poker world! Not as much as Rob, but you are the closest to the best as there is! I enjoy playing with peeps that make me better. I learn alot from your sweet skills.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that last comment was me, in case you didn't know!!!

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Aaron! CHITTY beat Rob and Dean but anyways congradulations on the end of season 4 and I hope you all are planning the end of season 5 International Tournament here in Germany. We just ordered our poker table and have a few members signed up for a league at our place. We can pit our best vs. your best. Hello to all and I will try and write more often!

Jack Eight RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of Page Views since 5/17/07: